Monday, November 15, 2010

Thank you God.

So this past week has been...

...difficult to say the least. I was in a fairly bad car accident. Three cars were involved. I was sitting at a light. My light was green, but the light in front of mine was red so traffic was backed up and I couldn't go. Someone apparently was not paying attention and didn't see that traffic had stopped. She hit the car behind me, forcing them into me. The impact of the car hitting me was at 45mph which means that car number 1 had to have been going at least 55 in a 40mph zone. The impact was hard enough that it pushed me a good 200 yards. I coasted into a parking lot, but was unable to move my legs. They were pinned. Luckily, they weren't pinned badly and it was one leg pinned under the other, so it was nearly as bad as it could have been. Well, I've never been good in situations such as this, so I called my mother. I was in tears and I was hysterical. I don't know that I've ever been able to use that term literally, but this time, I was literally hysterical. I was having trouble controlling my breathing and I was freaked out because it hurt to move my legs. I had to be taken out of my car by firemen and was loaded onto a stretcher and had a brace put on my neck and was taken to the ER via ambulance. I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was getting that something was really bad. I was stuck on my back in the ER for 4 hours waiting on results from my cat scan and x-rays. They all came back clear. I was released with a prescription for Hydrocodone, a knee immobilizer, and crutches. Five days later and one follow up visit later, I'm still in the knee immobilizer, utilizing crutches, wearing a neck brace, and on Hydros and muscle relaxers. I have a visit with a chiropractor on Wednesday and another visit to the Orthopedic doctor on the 29th. My knee is supposed to be okay. The doctor said he's pretty sure that it's just a deep bone bruise which could take up to 6 weeks to heal. I'm not sure what's going on with my neck yet, but we're pretty sure that it's just tissue and muscle damage. Our only worry is that I'll have neck problems later in life... However, we're hoping that my chiropractor will be able to prevent this.

To all you people out there that don't believe in God or angels... listen up. There are SO many things that could have gone differently. I could have easily been pushed into oncoming traffic. I could have broken my knee or neck. I could have been shoved into another car. Don't tell me that there weren't angels watching over me that night.

I thank God for his protection...Not only his protection of me, but of the people in the other cars. None of the children in the first car were hurt. The people in the car behind me are doing okay as far as I know, and I hopefully won't have any long lasting damage. Even if I do...at least I'm alive. Thank you Jesus for sending your angels to watch over us that night. You are so awesome.

And to all of my friends: Thank you guys so much for your get well wishes and your love. You guys are wonderful and I love each and every one of you. Thanks for caring about me. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment