Monday, November 29, 2010

To new beginnings.

These last few weeks have been very difficult for me. I felt like my world was being turned upside down mainly because of two things. 1. I was in a car accident and 2. I "broke up" with my best friend. The car accident is easy enough to get past...Take my meds, see my doctor three times a week for the foreseeable future, and deal with lawyer stuff and I'll be okay.

The breaking up with my best friend... That was hard. It broke my heart. I'd been struggling for a long time trying to figure out what was the right thing to do in that situation... I hadn't been happy in quite some time though and truth be told, she probably hadn't been either for reasons that I won't get into right now... Now anyone that knows me well, knows that I am constantly taking on the burdens of other people. I'm a fixer. That's what I do, I fix things. If I have a friend having problems, I take them on and do my best to help them find a way through that problem. However in this situation...I was overloaded. I was stressed. I spent most of my time avoiding being home or crying. I spent SO much time praying for guidance. God has blessed me with some wonderful friends, and family as well, who have taught me recently that it is okay to ask for help. I can't tell you how much time I spent crying and asking Kyle, Andy, Nicole, and eventually my mom for advice on what to do. Collectively they helped me come to the decision that as much as I love my friend, she wasn't being the influence that I needed right now. She's strayed from the right path. And as much as I, as a fixer, wanted to "fix" her, it wasn't my place. It had gotten to the point where I needed to sever the ties and pray that God would work his magic. Special thanks to my friend Koree, who posted the lyric, "Sometimes the hardest the and the right thing are the same." She put this on facebook on a day when I was just about at my wits end. It helped me for sure realize what needed to be done.

This has been very difficult for me because she's been my best friend for the better part of 9 years. But when all was said and done, as sad as I was, I felt at peace. I felt as though I had done the right thing.

I've spent the last week on the beach with my family. It was very relaxing and wonderful. Now I'm home and I have to deal with real life again. So, once I can drive again, I will be returning to my house where I now have to fill the empty spaces. I think that it'll be good for me though. I'm ready for my new start. I'm ready to start having the fun that I'm supposed to be having in this time of my life. I'm ready.

Thanks to my wonderful friend Andy for reminding me of this fabulous verse.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

James 1:2-3

God is great, isn't he?

Bring on CHRISTmas. =]

1 comment:

  1. God is SO great. I'm happy that the lyric touched you, as it did me as well. You are strong, Ashley. God WILL help you through this rough time in your life. I'm going through a similar thing right now, and how badly it hurts, I know that one day I WILL be okay. God WILL heal my heart. I'm sorry you have to go through this; I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But just look at this season as a time for you to grow closer with people that are here supporting you. Have fun, hang out with new friends, make more memories...time will help heal your heart. I've just been trying to look at the positive things. If you stare in the rear-view mirror, you can't progress forward. What happened, happened. Just keep pressing on, and focusing on what God has for you ahead. It's more beautiful and amazing and more wonderful than you could ever dream. i love you, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete