Monday, February 21, 2011

Crazy Love

So, I'm reading this book called Crazy Love right now. If you haven't read it, go read it right now. It is so amazing. The author, Francis Chan, really knows how to put things into perspective. It's impossible to read this book and not fall more in love with God. After a super quick update on life, I'm going to post a part of this book that really hit home with me.

Life is so, so good right now. I've made some crazy great friends recently that I am absolutely loving spending time with. I've started going to a new church that I love. My first Sunday there, I felt like I was home. I was so touched by the service. I really felt God's presence in a way that I haven't in a while. I did my devos today. devotions are something that I really struggle with. There's always something that gets in the way. Today though, I sat down and read my Bible out of pure desire. I didn't feel as though it was a duty. It wasn't a I have to do this situation. I wanted to be reading it. I wanted to hear God. I wanted to get closer to Him. I'm so excited for church on Wednesday and I can't wait for Sunday to come around again. It feels pretty great.

Here's that excerpt:

"As a pastor, I'm often called upon when life "vanishes like a mist." One of the most powerful examples that I've seen of this was Stan Gerlach, a successful businessman who was well known in the community. Stan was giving a eulogy at a memorial service when he decided to share the gospel. At the end of his message, Stan told the mourners 'You never know when God is going to take your life. At that moment, there's nothing that you can do about it. Are you ready?' Then Sam sat down, fell over, and died. His wife and sons tried to resuscitate him, but there was nothing that they could do- just as Stan had said a few moments earlier."

WOW. What a message. That just really hit home with me. None of us knows when our time on earth is going to end. I could die before getting to finish this blog, or in my sleep, or on the way to work tomorrow. There's just no telling. Live your life to the fullest, share your beliefs, serve God, have fun, but most of all be ready. Know that when your time comes, that you are in the right place with God. Be ready to join Him in Heaven.

So...

Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment