Monday, February 7, 2011

"You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for yourself, even if it hurts some people you love."

-Nicholas Sparks

I feel like this is a terrible thing to say. Yet, at the same time, I feel like it's true. If I'm being honest, I agree with the statement, even if it sounds horrible. Maybe I feel that way because I've been in the situation where I've needed to do what was right for myself even though I knew I was hurting someone that I loved dearly. Maybe this makes me a horrible person. I don't know. I know that I should have handled certain situations differently. Maybe I wouldn't have had to hurt anyone. Maybe there were better ways to handle myself in the past. By maybe, I mean that I'm sure there were. I can't change the past...as much as I'd like to sometimes. All that I can do now is know that I've become a better person since then, pray, trust my God, know that I'm wiser now than I was then, and I'll be wiser in the future than I am now. I'm so glad that I serve a God who is so awesome. He keeps molding me.



"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better,
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good."

No comments:

Post a Comment